Updated: Jun 25
I'd like to share with you 6 tips to have a successful branding photo shoot with me or any other photographer. If you do a lot of planning and visualizing ahead of time you will get the most out of your session.
1st- Planning Your Image
· Practice setting your hair style and the products you will use ahead of time: make note of how long it will last curled
· Plan layered outfits that are versatile and can be easily transformed with a change of jewelry, scarves, shoes and hand bags
· Have a practice run with a make-up artist or do your own make-up focusing on defining your eyes
2nd -Know Your Audience
· Be clear on who you are talking to and looking at in your pictures
· Visualize your ideal clients or audience
· Know where these people hand out: Facebook, Instagram, Blogs
3rd- Know Exactly How You Will Use Your Photographs
· Will you be using them for marketing campaigns, blog posts, your website, Instagram and Facebook?
· Orientation will matter for your photographer to capture the perspectives
· How often will you be posting the pictures?
· When will you need another photo shoot?
4th- What Is Your Photograph Style?
· Create a Pinterest board of photos that you can share with your photographer
· Knowing your style will inspire you both on poses and locations
-Check out my Pinterest board for inspiration
5th- Bring Props
· A lot of props allow for a lot of variety in your pictures
· Notebooks, pens, magazines, food, drinks, electronic devices, pets, hats, personal brand products
6th- Bring a Helper
· Bring a person with you who can carry all your clothes and props
· You don’t want to be sweating from carrying a ton of things all over the place
· It will save time and help you stay organized
· You can give them a list of what outfits go with what props
· They can prepare food or drinks
· They can clean up! 😉
The images in this post are credited to www.unsplash.com photographers.